Best Baseball Bats 2018 – BatsGuide Choices
|2018 Louisville Slugger Solo 618 (-11) USA||Check on Amazon|
|2018 Marucci CAT 7 (-10) Senior League||Check on Amazon|
|2018 Easton Beast X Speed BBCOR||Check on Amazon|
|2018 Easton BB17MK Mako Beast Comp 3 BBCOR Baseball Bat||Check on Amazon|
|2018 Louisville Slugger MLB Prime America Wood Bat||Check on Amazon|
|2018 DeMarini Voodoo (-10) ? USA Baseball Bat||Check on Amazon|
|2018 Rawlings Velo (-12) Senior League ? USSSA Youth Big Barrel||Check on Amazon|
|2018 Louisville Slugger Prime 918 BBCOR Baseball Bat||Check on Amazon|
|2018 Louisville Slugger Genuine Series 3X Ash Mixed||Check on Amazon|
|2018 Rawlings Raptor Alloy T-Ball Bat (-12) ? Best Seller||Check on Amazon|
1. 2018 Louisville Slugger Solo 618 (-11) USA Baseball Bat – the most popular USA bat
First of all, we think it’s important to point out the extreme durability of this bat which users seemed to like the most.?Its aluminum barrel has a lot of great reviews and although is not super big we think that this one justifies the bat’s price.
Second, if you are a parent,?go for the drop 11 as it will fit perfectly with your kid’s preferences.
Don’t worry about the price, the 618 Solo USA is pretty accessible. We personally recommend Amazon before going elsewhere and now that the summer has ended you may see some legitimate discounts out there.
Its size ranges from 28 up to 32 and you are wondering about the bat’s weight there is a simple math trick you can do with every baseball bat.
What you should know is that the baseball bat drop is the difference between the length of the bat in inches and weight in ounces. So, how much would weight a 30 inch USA bat? You’re right: 30-11 is 19 ounces.
Now, what about the bat’s construction?
The first thing you’ll notice will be the outstanding Lizard Skin?grip, and as with the 617 Solo, this bat is made of one piece aluminum barrel and features an?extended composite end cap.
Louisville Slugger Solo 618:
- USA Baseball standards
- Speed Ballistic End Cap
- Custom Lizard Skin
- 1-piece SL Hyper Alloy construction
Pros & Cons
- Pros: great value for the price,?very light and a big sweet spot
- Cons: some say it stings a little
So, do you agree that this is the most popular USA bat out there?
2. 2018 Marucci CAT 7 (-10) Senior League? – Best for younger USSSA players who need a drop 10 senior league baseball bat
Another great improvement is the AV2 second-generation knob which is designed to reduce the bat’s sting feel. The bat features a one-piece alloy barrel and a drop weight?of -3. If you are a?contact hitter?than this baseball bat is perfect for you.
2018 Marucci CAT 7:
- 1-piece alloy construction
- AZ4X alloy construction
- traditional, Stiff Feel At Impact
- -10 Length to Weight Ratio
- sweet Spot Twice The Size Of The CAT 6
- 1.15 BPF USSSA Certified
- provides premium precision & control
Pros & Cons
- Pros: fast swing speed, extended sweet spot, anti-vibration knob
- Cons: a little expensive, white color which can get dirty easily
3. 2018 Easton Beast X Speed BBCOR bat review – One of the best alloy designs of all-time
Some say that this is the best BBCOR baseball bat for 2018. Some even compared it to a volcano and if you are not new to the baseball world you know that Easton has been one of the leaders in this field.
If we are talking about the construction, the ATAC alloy is super strong and one of the best?out there, if not even the best, giving the bat more swing speed and obviously more weight.
So, what is ATAC in the first place?
ATAC stands for Advanced Thermal Alloy Construction and is the best aluminum barrel on the market.?If that’s something that doesn’t impress you maybe the Lizard Skin grip will do.
As a bottom line, this is one of the best bbcor bats which also has one of the best alloy designs of all-time, is very comfortable can be used in college and high school.
Easton Beast X Speed BBCOR:
- Speed one-piece atac alloy design
- 3 length to weight ratio
- 1.4mm HYPERSKIN grip
- 2 5/8 inch barrel diameter
Pros & Cons
- Pros: great swing speed, outstanding design, very powerful bat
- Cons:?we couldn’t really find any
4. 2018 Easton BB17MK Mako Beast Comp 3 BBCOR baseball bat review
Next on our 2018 list?is the Easton Mako Beast Comp 3.?This baseball bat has been approved for big hitters and it’s perfect for serious players looking for the best BBCOR bat.
It has a barrel width of 25/8″ and a drop 3.?The model is a fast swinging bat made with Thermal Composite Technology and we have to say that it has the longest barrel out there.
Therefore the speed is backed by the well-weighted TCT barrel.?If you are a player who likes the traditional feel of one-piece bats then you won’t miss with this one.?It has such a design that the energy will be well transferred from the handle to the barrel so you won’t lose any hitting power.
Who is this bat for?
The?Easton BB17MK Mako Beast Comp 3?is perfect for high school players and NCAA athletes and more than this it has a very accessible price.
Easton BB17MK Mako:
- composite handle with 1.2mm HYPERSkin grip
- longest two-piece composite barrel
- fastest swing weight
- patented two-piece ConneXion technology
- most powerful composite from Easton
- TCT Thermo Composite
Pros & Cons
- Pros: extended barrel length, very fast & powerful bat, easy to control
- Cons:?best for power hitters
5. 2018 Louisville Slugger MLB Prime America Wood Bat Wood Bat
First of all, the bat is so popular because it is very well balanced and easy to swing, well constructed from a?dense?wood, we may say the densest wood?available out there which makes it very durable.
We have to mention that there are several features associated with the C271 and MLB series but what stands out the most is the almost perfect design respected by the players around the world for its unique feel and control at the plate.
As you see, it is not just a coincidence that Louisville Slugger is the most known and respected name in the baseball world with a history of more than 130 years.
- -3 length to weight ratio
- EXOARMOR doubles surface hardness for better feel and superior power
- Great durability with MLB maple wood
- Bone rubbed
- Natural red / white / blue finish.
- Standard handle
- Pro cupped end
Pros and cons
- Pros: great overall control, perfect red/white/blue finish, very dense wood
- Cons: we couldn’t really find any
6. 2018 DeMarini Voodoo (-10) – USA baseball bat
This baseball bat is different from the past models of Voodoo. It is a youth bat designed?with a lot of new modifications and technological advances giving hitters?great confidence and power at the plate.
This two-piece hybrid bat has a 2 5/8 ” barrel featuring more thicker aluminum walls, a 100% composite handle made with the 3Fusion System?which is also found in the end cap.
What this special construction does is to reduce the shock vibration,?and to increase the swing speed?thus optimizing the weight distribution and giving players better control overall.
Due to the maximized transfer of energy along the bat and the control and power of hitting, the 2018 DeMarini Voodoo it?is for certain one of the best and respected USA baseball bat.
2018 DeMarini Voodoo:
- One-Piece X14 Alloy? for more precise weight distribution
- Balanced Swing Weight
- Legal for play in USA Baseball, Pony, Little League, Cal Ripken, Dixie, AABC, Babe Ruth
- 3Fusion Handle – greater weight control and feel
- 3Fusion End Cap – optimizes sweet spot and overall feel
Pros & Cons
- Pros:?has a great pop, light swing weight, improved overall control
- Cons: usually made for contact hitters,?you may not like it if you are a power hitter
7. 2018 Rawlings Velo (-12) Senior League baseball bat ? USSSA Youth Big Barrel
The 2018 Rawlings Velo (-12) Senior League model comes with a drop 12 length to weight ratio. It has a big barrel of 2 3/8-inch diameter equipped with Rawlings?s Composite-Light End Cap and as for the bat’s construction, this bat is made of two-piece fully composite material.
It has a very balanced swing weight which is great either you are a contact hitter or a power hitter.
The 2018 Rawlings comes with a new technology called 3-C which gives the player a Consistent Composite Compaction. With this technology what you get is more performance and more durability.
If you don’t like that sting feel when you hit the ball and you want to have more control during the play, the new Rawlings Velo comes with a perfect handle for you. With this handle, you get a synthetic grip for a more stiff and confident clutch.
Although we recommended it for contact and power hitters we have to say that maybe the first ones may benefit more from its balance and overall comfort level.
More than this you don’t have to concern about the new USA Bat standard because with this baseball bat you get all the swing you need along with the USSA certification.
If you are wondering about the bat’s pop and making a comparison between the Rawlins Velo and the Quatro with this one you’ll get an adequate pop which is not meant to cover more distance but to give you more balance and speed. So we might say it has a decent pop, but if you’re looking to hit the ball farther then we recommend the Quatro which you can check here.
2018 Rawlings Velo USSSA bat:
- 2-Piece Composite
- Fiber reinforced composite endcap
- Consistent-Composite-Compaction Technology
- Extreme balance
- Explosive swing speed
- Enhanced pop
- Acoustic-Performance maximizes alloy strength
Pros & Cons
- Pros: great vibration control, fast swing speed, very durable
- Cons: it doesn’t really have the most pop amongst USSSA bats
8. 2018 Louisville Slugger Prime 918 BBCOR baseball bat – Maximum pop with a lighter swing weight than ever before
As for its price you might say that it competes at the highest price point with other bats like Demarini CF Zen or Insane, or the Easton Mako Beast but let’s see if the Prime 918 really deserves this place.
Starting with the obvious the 2018 Prime 918 features a custom Lizard Skin handle also present with the past models and as a fresh design addition, you will see a new end cap which is pretty nice and more design focused.
Talking about design, the blue and red colors featured on the grip along with the metal shades of black and gray combined on the barrel gives this bat an impressive and outstanding look or at least this is what we think.
Some of the players out there complain about the loud impact this bat has when it hits the ball. But focusing more on performance and less on design and sound the Prime 918 has the second lowest swing weight in the 2018 line after the Solo 618.
Along with its large barrel and the low swing weight, we think that this combination will only make it very popular among high school hitters.
More on the performance side of things the bat feels very soft on impact which most composite bats do but in our research, we found that with the 918 you will get even more of that softness. If you are wondering about the sweet spot we found out that it delivers great performance even hitting with the inner or outer thirds of the barrel.
If that’s not something to think about maybe you will like the new model on which you can read more about?here.
Louisville Slugger Prime 918 BBCOR baseball bat:
- 100% Composite Microform design
- TRU3 Technology allows for independent movement between the barrel and the handle
- Unmatched feel on contact
- Balanced swing weight score: 1.7
- RTX? end cap
- Lizard Skin? premium performance grip
Pros & Cons
- Pros: low swing weight, great overall performance and a solid feel
- Cons: loud sound on impact
9. 2018 Louisville Slugger Genuine Series 3X Ash Mixed baseball bat – Great cheap wood bat
Although this baseball bat is a budget option, it has many reviews and is not as bad as you might think. In our research we found that the Genuine Series 3X Ash Mixed baseball bat is perfect for practice.
It is an adult Wood bat pulled from the original production line for some minor flows which they say will not affect the bat’s overall performance.
With these small production errors, you will be able to save more on best bats which are ideal for practice or even games.
If you choose to buy this one from Amazon you’ll find the product on sale (for now) with the lowest price available on the market. As for the customer’s reviews, some say that the handle may be too thin and sometimes it will break.
On the other hand, if you’re looking for a practice bat for your kid we think that this one is perfect in terms of price and performance.
As a final word and advice, this bat is a rough cut, pretty well balanced, has a nice feel to it and with a little sanding and some grip tape this may be your home run bat for a long time from now on, but you have to try not to hit that hard with it.
2018 Genuine Series 3X Ash features:
- Natural Finish
- Regular Finish
- Mixed Turning Model
- Series 3X Ash
Pros & Cons
- Pros: great bat for the price, perfect for practice
- Cons: maybe too light for some of you out there, not a high-end bat
10. 2018 Rawlings Raptor Alloy T-Ball Bat (-12) ? Best Seller
As with the Slugger Genuine Series 3X Ash Mixed, another budget option will be the Rollings 2018 Raptor Alloy T-Ball Bat. What you will get from this beauty is the ideal balance of power and control, improved energy transfer and a lighter swing weight.
As for its design, it is really eye-catching and it will be your kid’s favorite for sure.
The 2018 Raptor is approved for use in all T-ball leagues, made from a durable alloy design for consistent performance and also has the USA baseball logo stamped on it.
So, as a final word, this baseball bat is great for your six or seven-year-old son (or even younger). He will definitely like the colors, the feel of the bat and for this price, you will get the perfect bat for your needs.
2018 Rawlings Raptor Alloy T-Ball bat:
- Ideal balance of power and control
- Kid-friendly design
- USA-stamped bat
- Durable alloy for consistent performance
- Perimeter weighted end cap
Pros & Cons
- Pros: best T-Ball bat, well balanced, awesome design
- Cons: not for all ages, good for small children